In this position you will work as a liaison between project owner, architect, superintendent, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure a smooth and safe completion of the project that exceeds the client's expectations. You will manage all aspects of construction projects, including contract administration, buy-out of materials and subcontracts, scheduling, submittal process, requests for information, change orders, preconstruction and progress meetings, schedule of values/monthly applications for payment and coordination of project closeout, etc.
- Fortifies the preliminary project schedule along with the superintendent.
- Able to take project from estimator from start to finish with little paperwork support.
- Prepares contracts for execution.
- Writes subcontracts and material contracts and is responsible for receiving the same back signed and unmodified.
- Assists the superintendent in verifying all subs and materials arrive as required to maintain schedule.
- Responsible for all of the following project related tasks:
- Administers and tracks submittals.
- Administers and tracks RFI's, AFI's, etc.
- Writes and tracks all change orders.
- Administers monthly billings in a timely manner.
- Update comprehensive monthly projections.
- Runs cost comparisons between bid and actual costs.
- Runs jobsite meetings and produces meeting minutes.
- Updates schedule with superintendent as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 3 years of Project Management Experience and 5 years Field Experience Minimum.
- Represents Big Sky in the most positive and professional manner with respect to clients, consultants, subcontractors, vendors, employees and the community we serve.
- Handles proprietary and confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage several projects concurrently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of experience with construction software, scheduling software, MS Office and the Internet.
- Several years of experience as a project manager for general contractor.
- Construction Management degree or related field preferred but not required. Experience in DFW preferred. Experience in the local government market and ISDs highly preferred.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume attached and references.