In this position you are responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing all onsite activities in accordance with the requirements of the project. The Project Superintendent is responsible for establishing the safety culture on the jobsite and working closely with Project Manager to manage the schedule, budget and staff to achieve profitable outcomes. This includes look-ahead scheduling and daily reports. Project Superintendents should also create and maintain effective client, vendor, supplier, and subcontractor relationships.
- Manages site activities, manpower, equipment, subcontractors and material to be efficient and cost effective.
- Communicates with owner, design team and Big Sky project manager to effectively convey necessary information to and from the field.
- Responsible for all of the following project related tasks:
- Generates and maintains the detailed project construction schedule.
- Generates and monitors site specific safety program in accordance with OSHA regulations and Big Sky company safety policy.
- Maintains daily documentation logs of site activities, communications, production, deliveries, etc. on specified forms and reports.
- Maintains weekly time cards for each Big Sky employee working on project.
- Schedules all necessary inspections required by jurisdiction.
- Examines work progress regularly for quality control and to verify conformance with specifications.
- Estimates material and manpower requirements to complete tasks.
- Performs cost comparisons and seeks best value for buy out items.
- Ensures that material and equipment deliveries are checked in and verified for damage and completeness.
- Responsible for the following supervisory tasks:
- Communicates with field operations manager to fulfill manpower requirements as needed.
- Supervises all Big Sky employees working on the assigned project.
- Sourcing and hiring industry tradesmen as necessary.
- Manage union dispatch and new hire paperwork.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5 years of Field Experience Minimum.
- Represents Big Sky Construction in the most positive and professional manner with respect to clients, consultants, subcontractors, vendors, Big Sky employees and the community we serve.
- Handles proprietary and confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of tools, materials and methods involved in commercial site-work and building construction.
- Understands and is able to apply construction scheduling principles.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of principles of the commercial construction business.
- Basic computer skills, with a moderate level of experience with MS Office and the Internet.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume attached and references.